Tuesday, January 1, 2008

'Turning the Page'

So, perhaps 2008 will be a year of revival to many.

As I wrote to a friend recently, I had a smile about my face as I slowly turn that calendar page – relishing the lifting off the old and the pulling in of the new. No fancy parties - no confetti and noise makers - just me, my calendar and a fluffy pillow as I turned the page and put 2007 to bed. It's amazing how even the smallest arm gesture can make to most significant of change to one's being.

Another friend of mine shared that this seemingly simple reference of turning the page was used by him as he, a Responder had a rather horrific emergency call. Turning the page to the next CALL somehow signified MOVING ON from the last situation.

As the New Year Resolutions fill the airwaves from tv to radio - many revolving around weight loss and the need for more excercise, it's amazing what just that one arm work-out will do for you - just turn that page from all the old to all the new - from all the negative to all the positive.

I know that I personally have a full calendar for 2008 already - all of the things I allowed be put on hold due to fog that clouded my sole.

It's already a great start . . . make good choices . . .

No comments: