Sunday, January 6, 2008

'-------- Trusts and ---- Currents'

A somewhat amusing derailment from the ‘usuality’ (just made that up) of this blog. I have stated that I purpose myself to finding out the definitions of many words in order to find an understanding in most things – especially communications. Over the last couple of years, I have found some rather amusing twists that have given me an initial chuckle and an overall relief from situations that inadvertently might have brought heaviness to my days.

While I don’t usually like to name names, at the risk of getting somewhat personal, this one is just too good to not include. I have reposted this EDITED version deleting the actual names from the original as it is pressing on my heart to remove them. I figure if you really have extra time on your hands, you will find a way to retrieve the actual names, but I do not want the intended purpose of this entry to be replaced by a focus on the people – only the message.

Of the two significant men in my life these last 15 years, ironically enough – I have discovered specific definitions that have included their names. More significant than that, though is the unusual connection to the personal heartaches I have ‘allowed’ because of the relationships I have had with these two men. I will step out of the box of my overall amusement enough, however, to take it a step further – because most often than not, what initially APPEARS as a NEGATIVE, is often times MORE POSITIVE when viewed through Healed Eyes.

I begin with the -------- Trust – a simple definition for a simple man (yet another strange truth): a fixed-term, irrevocable trust account usually opened as a means of reducing the income taxes of the grantor (the person who opens the account and deposits funds in the account). The trust must last for a minimum of 10 years. (in it’s original form – exactly 10 years and one day) During that time, income from the account is paid to a named beneficiary, and thus is not taxable to the grantor. At the end of the term of the trust, the principal, or property placed in trust, reverts to the grantor.

*** NOW - I was married to this man for a little over 13 years. Up through the 10th year, I can honestly say that, even through some rather tough times, we had a pretty good marriage. But it was the later years that seem to take us down. Our marriage had ended as he optioned out. Time heals all wounds and squinting to see through those new eyes, I have come to have an understanding by the use of this definition. I have come to understand that in the big scheme of things, perhaps he really didn’t have a ‘choice’ in the matter. Perhaps BECAUSE things were laid out the way they were, a temporary trust was given to me for a time – but that was all he was actually CAPABLE of granting – for I have come to believe that he is literally INCAPABLE, by his genetic nature, of giving more. It was almost an ordained, pre-set limitation. All TRUSTS reverted back to him at the end of the designated time. In simpler terms, “It is what it is so move on – I can tell you right now that I am certainly not interested in renewing this type of TRUST” in the future. But I can also tell you that I can now SEE that every THING, every PERSON that comes into one’s life is PURPOSED, whether it be for a long time, or a short time. It is up to us to choose what we eventually DO with our RETURN on INVESTMENT.

Now, for the later – the ---- Currents – a rather complicated definition for a rather complicated man (I’m telling you, the truths are too scary with these – if you wish to not read through this whole part - really, only my brother would do that, I am hoping that you will at least recognize some key words so when you finally read my personal side of things it will connect for you somewhat.): (also known as Foucault current) is an electrical phenomenon discovered by French physicist Léon Foucault in 1851. It is caused when a moving (or changing) magnetic field intersects a conductor, or vice-versa. The relative motion causes a circulating flow of electrons, or current, within the conductor. These circulating ------ of current create electromagnets with magnetic fields that oppose the effect of the applied magnetic field (see Lenz's law). The stronger the applied magnetic field, or greater the electrical conductivity of the conductor, or greater the relative velocity of motion, the greater the currents developed and the greater the opposing field.

It is important to appreciate that ---- currents are created when a moving conductor experiences changes in the magnetic field generated by a stationary object, as well as when a stationary conductor encounters a varying magnetic field. Both effects are present when a conductor moves through a varying magnetic field, as is the case at the top and bottom edges of the magnetized region shown in the diagram. ---- currents will be generated wherever a conducting object experiences a change in the intensity or direction of the magnetic field at any point within it, and not just at the boundaries. The swirling current set up in the conductor is due to electrons experiencing a Lorentz force that is perpendicular to their motion. Hence, they veer to their right, or left, depending on the direction of the applied field and whether the strength of the field is increasing or declining. The resistivity of the conductor acts to damp the amplitude of the eddy currents, as well as straighten their paths. Lenz's law encapsulates the fact that the current swirls in such a way as to create an induced magnetic field that opposes the phenomenon that created it. In the case of a varying applied field, the induced field will always be in the opposite direction to that applied. The same will be true when a varying external field is increasing in strength. However, when a varying field is falling in strength, the induced field will be in the same direction as that originally applied, in order to oppose the decline. Sometimes an object or part of an object experiences steady fields where there is still relative motion (for example in the center of the field in the diagram), or unsteady fields where the currents cannot circulate due to the geometry of the conductor. In these situations charges collect on or within the object and these charges then produce static electric potentials that oppose any further flow of current. Currents may be initially associated with the creation of static potentials, but these may be transitory and small. ---- currents create losses through Joule heating. More accurately, ---- currents transform useful forms of energy, such as kinetic energy, into heat, which is generally much less useful. Hence they reduce the efficiency of many devices that use changing magnetic fields, such as iron-core transformers and electric motors. They are minimized by selecting magnetic core materials that have low electrical conductivity (e.g., ferrites) or by using thin sheets of magnetic material, known as laminations. Electrons cannot cross the insulating gap between the laminations and so are unable to circulate on wide arcs. Charges gather at the lamination boundaries, in a process analogous to the Hall effect, producing electric fields that oppose any further accumulation of charge and hence suppressing the flow of ---- currents. The shorter the distance between adjacent laminations (i.e., the greater the number of laminations per unit area, perpendicular to the applied field), the greater the suppression of ---- currents. The loss of useful energy is not always undesirable, however, as there are some practical applications. One is in the brakes of some trains known as an ---- current brake. During braking, the metal wheels are exposed to a magnetic field from an electromagnet, generating ---- currents in the wheels. The ---- currents meet resistance as they flow through the metal, thus dissipating energy as heat, and this acts to slow the wheels down. The faster the wheels are spinning, the stronger the effect, meaning that as the train slows the braking force is reduced, producing a smooth stopping motion. The term ---- current comes from analogous currents seen in water when dragging an oar: localised areas of turbulence known as ------ give rise to persistent vortices.

*** NOW - here’s the thing with ----, I met him just shortly after my marriage fell apart. He was and still is a force to be reckoned with – one that continually goes AGAINST the natural flow of things. I resisted as best I could – trying to set boundaries around me but the charge that was created was almost too powerful. With our relationship there was always a stronger outer force – everything about us revolved around God. Together, we are passionate about all things – but in order to create the many POSITIVES in our lives– we are forever repelling each other. Something that has been very hard for me to understand.

This new job has me as an Education Coordinator for a recycling center. During a tour of the plant where I am working, I walked through the system and took a special PAUSE at the section that utilizes the “---- CURRENT”. As I stood there for a moment – I realized something. The section that used this current was the aluminum section. As the conveyor belt passed through this section, the materials that were on this belt were SEPARATED. The Aluminum was ‘repelled’ out from the other materials – literally PUSHED AWAY by this ‘force’ so that it landed in a specific drum that would ‘mold’ the aluminum into a form that was to be shipped off as it was ‘worth’ something to the buyer of the materials.

Ironically enough – one of the main purposes that ---- seems to have in my life is to PUSH ME in directions that eventually mold me – directions that REMOVE me from the things that I am not to be a part of - ultimately REFINING me, recycling the good that is already in me by removing the impurities that I have aloud to surround me. Oddly enough, whenever we would work too hard – the friction becomes too hot (we are both hot-headed) and we both become less effective. Repelling is sometimes the only way to create the positive force – a re-direction, if you will to the things we are BOTH supposed to be doing at this time. While hard to understand at times, all and all, a good thing to have in my life.

Pretty freaky, when you stop to look into the definitions around you. Pretty amazing what you will SEE if you set your gaze to find truth in ALL things. Until next time . . . make choices to see your defining lessons . . .

1 comment:

kymease said...

Words are pretty amazing. I followed your thoughts. I have found myself looking up the meaning of words almost daily either in the concordance, lexicon, dictionary or thesaurus. What a great edge God has given you to study His Word! I imagine you love the imagery of the old testament.... I know I do. I get lost in the meanings of the names..... Speaking of names I recently found out that my name means... "of the royal meadow". God knew before I was born that I would love His creation and long for Him there. Thanks for sharing!