Thursday, January 3, 2008

'Blessings in Disguise'

Switched jobs recently. And – YES – this too holds many fine lessons. I say this as the smile broadens on my face. Maybe it’s because I have been granted a few days ‘rest’ just recently that I can see the bounty of blessings that are right before my eyes. Perhaps it is more of a basic truth that when one is finally stripped away of all the comforts of a former life, bare essentials reveal hidden bounties. All I know is that, for whatever reason, I have been granted a sort of ‘front row seat’ to the inner working of the Greatness above as it pertains to the many revelations I now see.

A few years ago, fresh out of the bullpen of a stay at home career, I was granted employment on my first interview out – a blessing coming out of a rather arduous trek through divorce and major life changes. However, only partially sole seeking at the time, I took this ‘gift’ and later tossed it aside as I perceived myself to have other destinies. Very much in the manner of Jonah, many great things were had because I allowed myself to get swallowed by this fish, so much so that I often still question whether I wasn’t truly meant to take this turn. However, looking to the present, and then to the past, I see an alignment that had happened – not in my own time – but rather that of the Masters – for the job that I first landed was near the town that would eventually be called ‘home’. Had I only had a little more faith in the manner – while many lessons were learned because of my derailment, I now wonder how many MORE would have been received had I just stayed on course?

Such are the lenses I use to view my present situations. Due to some adverse actions, all efforts to build an organization (questionable derailment) were thwarted and I found myself starting again from ground up – only this time, rather than my personal life it was my professional life. So, back to classifieds as I sought anxiously to rebuild. I was thrown into a series of challenges that I believe were there to cause me to SEEK provisions from the true source. Many a tear I cried as I, a recovering control-freak, had to sit on my hands and NOT make things happen in the world that wrapped around me. But each new position brought just enough provision and with provision, many new abilities. This most recent one seems to take the cake though. As my recent work at an orchard was drawing to a close due to the season ending, my anxious heart was stayed as my boss emphatically stated, ‘Do not be anxious for the perfect job will come at just the perfect time and it will be the perfect provision for you!’ Sure enough – in the 11th hour, this job came. I was doing what I enjoyed – re-using much of my former giftings, in a casual environment, flexible schedule, amazing networking opportunities . . . But to my dismay, the compensation was questionable as it was an independent non-profit and it was struggling for funding. Lessons learned hard, I started to grumble – but thankfully recovered quickly when all of a sudden a strange series of events took place. I had gotten a call denying funds – I felt my heart sink but mustered up giving it to God then, within the hour my personal cell rang – it was another company that I had applied to but never heard from – they were doing a second call for interviews ‘something’ had fallen through with their first choice – to which I agreed to take an interview – shortly after this – one of the girls I worked with, laid a resume upon my desk, “know that you have filled this position but you may want to keep this gal handy – she looks like she could be a good candidate for the future . . . “ Long story short, I went on the interview, was able to share something that I had just had to take a crash course on learning about – which I believe helped land me the job. The resume that was placed on my desk was followed up with and not only did she go in for an interview (waiting to hear what happened) but she and I developed a friendship while I was strategically trying to interview her without bringing her in physically. I found another friend of mine that had interviewed for that job previously and reconnected with her as she has already started working with them on a temp basis and just today, at my new job – I discovered several projects that are very similar to the many I had just trained for with this past job. It truly WAS the perfect job as it trained me for the next one waiting for me.

Could it really be that easy? Could it be that all we really need to do is just place our trust and walk in faith that we will eventually be brought to the many things that are just waiting to be given to us? All I have to say it . . . make good choices today . . . you might be surprised by what it blesses you with.

No comments: