Sunday, March 30, 2008

‘SHIPWRECKED’

Ever hear the story of the shipwrecked man?

A man finds himself stranded on an island, shipwrecked and he prays to God to rescue him. Days go by and he continues to pray. Finally an odd little ship, humble in it’s appearance, stops and the unlikely captain says, “Need help?” – “No thanks”, replies the man, “God will rescue me”. So off sails the little odd boat and many more days of praying go by. Finally another boat, little larger and more normal in appearance stops on the island, “Looks like we came just in time – hop on board” says the captain and the first mate. “No thanks”, replies the man, “God will rescue me in a very special way”. So off goes the second boat . . . and so on and so on. Soon, the man perishes and finds himself before God when he asks, “WHY did you not rescue me, I prayed earnestly and you did not come?” After a long sigh, God replies, “I sent many to rescue you . . . but you ignored them all because they didn’t come in a manner that YOU wanted or expected.”

COMFORT vs. CHANGE

All too often I find that people would RATHER stay shipwrecked . . . sadly, it’s the easier choice . . .

No comments: